- If necessary construction projects are not funded, average per person driving delay in Clark County could rise dramatically in coming years, roads will continue to deteriorate, and safety will be a growing concern.
- Indexing fuel tax rates would help to fund projects to maintain, repair and expand existing and future streets and highways within Clark County, making travel safer and more efficient by reducing traffic congestion.
- Important infrastructure and congestion mitigating projects that have been delayed or sidelined could be started and completed.
- Every penny generated from the fuel tax indexing would be injected back into Clark County transportation improvements.
- Efficient and reliable transportation infrastructure is fundamental to a vibrant and sustainable economy.
- Optimal transportation systems provide for clean air, shorter and safer commutes, less road repair and maintenance.
Regional Transportation Commission Fuel Revenue Indexing Project List